Williams-Brice field, Cockabooses defaced with tiger paw, 'Go Tigers' spray painting

<p>The phrase &#8220;Go Tigers&#8221; was spray painted on the side of a Cockaboose at Williams Brice Stadium on Tuesday. At least one other Cockaboose was spray painted as well as Williams Brice Field.</p>
The phrase “Go Tigers” was spray painted on the side of a Cockaboose at Williams Brice Stadium on Tuesday. At least one other Cockaboose was spray painted as well as Williams Brice Field.

USC cornerback: ‘It’s war’

Someone tried to claim Williams-Brice Stadium for Clemson Tuesday, spray painting an orange paw print on the field where the Gamecocks have beaten the Tigers twice in their last two meetings.

Paw prints and orange graffiti reading “Go Tigers” were also found on two Cockabooses, luxury tailgating railroad cars that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Word of the vandalism spread with an Instagram post by cornerback Victor Hampton, who wrote : “It’s war … so #disrespectful.”

While a break-in at the stadium is possible, Athletics Department spokesman Steve Fink said officials can’t tell if force was used to enter Williams-Brice.

“There are times when the gates are open,” he said.

Fink said it was too early to say whether law enforcement will get involved in the case or when the graffiti will be removed.

Athletics officials didn’t know much more Tuesday afternoon, but were still investigating what had happened.