Crime Blotter for June 20 to July 3

11-DUI
4-Vandalism
4-Drug Violation
3-Theft from Building
1-MIP
1-Theft from Vehicle
1-Tresspassing
1-Assault
1-Disorderly Conduct
1-Drunkeness
1-All Other Offenses

USCPD observed two individuals lying on the sidewalk just outside of Five Points. When the officer approached and asked if the two were okay, one indicated they were fine. The officer then asked for their identification, to which one of the individuals supplied false identification. The minor insisted that the ID had belonged to her even after the officer found a credit card that stated her real name. The officer then issued the individual who was under the age of 21 a citation for Minor in Possession of Liquor. After issuing the citation the officers released the minor to be escorted home by her friend. However they both refused to leave the area so the officer attempted to place the minor under arrest, to which she resisted. The police officer did not take kindly to this and proceeded to subdue the minor with an “armbar.” After the application of handcuffs the minor was instructed to sit down, which she failed to comply with. The officer conducted a “jugular notch” which the minor resisted, subsequently causing her to “pass out.”

USCPD on patrol noticed a new stencil of Bill Cosby on the pathway located between Russell House Patio and Thomas Cooper Library.

USCPD on patrol noticed graffiti on two columns leading to the main entrance of Gambrell Hall. The graffiti consisted of blue “Pikachu style cartoons,” and a black in color “hooded face with several letter-like characters” below it.

USCPD pulled over a red Chrysler 300 for driving without headlights on. Upon the traffic stop the officer asked the two individuals in the car for identification. The two provided proper identification. Once the information was run the officer discovered an active restraining order by the driver against the passenger. The officer than placed the passenger under arrest for violating the active restraining order and transported him to Alvin S. Glenn detention center.
— Compiled by Anthony DeCoro, Asst. News Editor

Briefs do not include every incident report. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty. Information is based off of police incident reports and is subject to change after further investigation.