Crime Blotter: Sept. 15 to Sept. 22

Briefs don’t include every incident from the last week, and suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Information could change as investigations continue.

Drug/narcotics violation — 1

Drunkenness — 2

Fake/other ID use — 3

Harassment/threats/intimidation — 1

Larceny of moped — 3

Larceny/theft from building — 2

Robbery — 1

— Two officers responded to a man urinating on the sidewalk by Greene Street and Barnwell Street. When the officers arrived, the man seemed to be zipping up his pants and stepping onto the sidewalk. The officers positively identified the suspect using his New Jersey driver’s license. While talking to the officers, the man took out his wallet and moved some of his cards around. One of the officers noticed him moving an ID from one side of his wallet to the other, and asked whose ID he moved. The suspect showed the officers his New Jersey license and said “that’s my fake.” He then said he had consumed several beers and shots in Five Points. He was arrested for minor in possession of beer and possession of a fake ID.

— Two officers were called to West Quad A in response to a strong-arm robbery that occurred between 4:15 and 4:18 a.m. The victim was sitting on the steps of West Quad A when a male intimidated and forcibly removed several items from him. He then fled, on moped, down Wheat Street toward Sumter Street. The victim chased him for a short amount of time before he returned to West Quad for help from the security guard. The items stolen were his Texas driver’s license, military ID, brown Cole Haan shoes worth $220, Jacques Lemans watch worth $600, and $160 in $20 bills. 

— An officer was on patrol at 12:27 a.m. on Blossom Street when he noticed a man with a staggered walk. He followed the man as he began to turn on Pickens Street. The man continued to struggle to maintain his balance, nearly stumbled into the road and used a metal pole to regain his balance. A second officer arrived on the scene to help. The man stated that he was coming from Five Points and that he had “a few beers.” The officer asked the man what time it was, and he responded “around nine or ten,” although it was 12:35 a.m. He was also unable to say where he lived. The officers asked for his Carolina Card and he was transported to Palmetto Health Baptist Hospital.