In Columbia : Physical fun

Too much time in front of the television rots your brain and gives you lower back issues later in life. Why not make an investment in your body and give some of these active and healthy activities a try? Whether your goal is a sick ollie or spiritual enlightenment, we've got you covered.

Earlewood Park Disc Golf

With 18 holes and two par fives, the disc golf course at Earlewood Park is perfect for disc golf enthusiasts and amateur golfers, alike. The course is well-maintained, wooded and spacious, perfect for a relaxed round of the world's most circular golfing sport. Whether you're a beginner or an expert, Earlewood Park  has something for you.

Owens Field Skate Park

Skateboarding isn't just for the '90s — Owens Field Skate Park is the place to go if you want excitement on wheels. Whether it's their street-style rinks for skaters or their bowls for BMX riders, Owens Field is the perfect place to try out those sick tricks you've been working on. The skatepark is free, and they hold regular events, making it a one-stop destination for the skater.

City Yoga

Yoga is the ancient art of strengthening both the body and the spirit through meditative posing, and City Yoga is an excellent destination for finding your personal nirvana. They offer beginner classes, abs and back classes and the infamous hot yoga. In addition to their stacked class schedule, they focus on spiritual satisfaction and happiness, one of the core tenets of yoga.

Adventure Carolina Canoeing and Kayaking

Columbia has a river — wouldn't it be a waste not to use it? Canoeing and kayaking are some of the most exciting ways to ride down that beautiful blue, and Adventure Carolina has you covered for rentals. And they rent out all of the necessary gear to go with them, like lifejackets and helmets. If you want to go paddling bravely into the relatively modest rapids, Adventure Carolina has your back.