ONLINE EXCLUSIVE: Track and field finish the season in SEC championship

Both men's and women's track and field finished near the bottom of the pack over the weekend at the SEC Champtionships in Lexington, Kentucky, though many athletes set new personal bests.

The men's team placed 10th in the conference with 31 points, while the women's team came in last in the SEC, putting up nine points as a team.

Still, both the men's and women's squads had athletes place well in individual events. 

Junior Jermaine Collier placed higher than any other South Carolina participant thanks to his time of 7.83 seconds in the 60m men's hurdles. With this time, Collier placed third in the conference. 

After the event's first day of competition, 11 different Gamecocks had qualified for Saturday's final round of competition.

On Friday, sophomore Markus Leemet competed in the heptathlon, finishing in fourth place and qualifying for Saturday's meet.

Sophomore Jussi Kanervo set a new personal record of 7.77 seconds during the men's 60m hurdles, qualifying for the finals. As for the women's team, Chalese Davis set a new personal-best of 8.33 seconds. 

In sprints for the men's team, junior Kendall Kee finished with a time of 6.73 seconds in the 60m hurdles and qualified for the finals. 

Senior Kevin Keating qualified in the men's 800m, earning a new personal best and the sixth-fastest time in Gamecock history since 2005 with a time of 1:50.59.

Sophomore Briana Haith also set a new personal best with 53.65 seconds in the 400m and qualified for the finals. In the men's division, freshman Ncincilili Titi qualified for the 200m finals with a time of 20.98 seconds.

Leemet finished fourth in the heptathlon on Saturday, matching the result he got on Friday. Collier came in third in the 60m hurdles, while Kanervo finished sixth.

Kee ran his season best in the 60m with a time of 6.69 seconds. Titi placed fifth in the finals.

At the end of Saturday's events, Florida finished first in the men's standings while the Arkansas women's team finished at the top.