USC-LSU football game moved to Baton Rouge

In light of the devastating flooding that struck Columbia this weekend, Saturday’s home game against LSU has been moved to Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Kick-off time is set for Saturday 3:30 p.m. ET.

After the announcement was made that classes would be cancelled for the entirety of this week, there was discussion about whether the home game would be cancelled as well. However, the decision was not made final until earlier today — and it wasn’t made lightly.

“In the spirit of supporting our South Carolina community that is so supportive of Gamecock Nation, we have decided to move the game to Baton Rouge,” USC President Harris Pastides told The State. “The stress on law enforcement and first responders is too great. Moreover, we’ve had many in the Carolina family directly impacted by the flooding.”

According to NOLA.com, the game will still technically be a home game for USC, meaning players will still wear home jerseys and South Carolina will receive the profit from ticket sales.

The USC Student Ticketing office announced today that requests and claims for tickets to Saturday’s game will be automatically cancelled and declared null and void since the game is now an away game. No students will be penalized for this cancellation.

Students who would like to attend Saturday’s game in Baton Rouge can visit www.lsutix.net or call toll free at 1-800-960-8587. Tickets will go on sale Thursday at 7 a.m. ET. Ticket prices are $60 for end zone and $75 for sideline. Students must provide their own transportation to and from Baton Rouge.

“On behalf of the South Carolina football team, we want to do the right thing and do what is best for all concerned,” Spurrier told The State. “It appears the best thing is to travel to LSU. We look forward to the challenge and competing against the Tigers in Baton Rouge on Saturday."