Crime Blotter: Nov. 15 - 21

On Nov. 16, police responded to a 79-year-old Caucasian woman reporting a break-in at her home. The door and lock were damaged when she arrived at home, and she saw evidence of theft before calling the police. She stated that several pieces of gold and diamond jewelry were missing from her jewelry box, and a purse was taken from her closet. Neighbors reported seeing an African-American man wearing a yellow hard hat and dark clothing walking near and around the residence about an hour before she returned, but they did not see him enter.

Between 5:15 and 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 18, an officer responded to a call from Palmetto Health Richland Hospital. A male juvenile suspect had struck a female juvenile in the face with a rock while she was playing outside. Officers contacted the suspect at his home with his mother present. He said that other children were also throwing rocks, and no one saw him hit the victim. After witnesses confirmed that they saw the suspect hit the victim with the rock, his mother asked the officers to take him to jail, at which point the suspect began shouting.

Late afternoon on Friday, Nov. 20, officers responded to a call of domestic violence on Harden Street. The suspect, a 31-year-old African-American man, first attacked the victim, a pregnant, 24-year-old African-American woman, in a vehicle while they were driving. He initially struck her with his fists around her face and upper body. To keep her from leaving the vehicle, the suspect drove through a red light before pulling into the Chick-fil-A parking lot. The victim escaped the car, and the suspect drove away. Three witnesses gave police the license plate number of the suspect's vehicle and confirmed the victim's report.