Preview: Candidates shift attention to South Carolina

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on the debate stage at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley, Calif., on Wednesday, Sept. 16, 2015. (Robert Gauthier/Los Angeles Times/TNS)

Coming out of the New Hampshire primaries, presidential candidates are appealing to voters across the nation's next primary battleground: South Carolina. Supporters for each candidate are holding campaign rallies and other events to inform South Carolinians, as well as to unite supporters for their chosen candidate.

Women for Bernie Sanders will be hosting a meetup Wednesday to discuss Sanders’ political agenda and how it will influence the lives of women. The meeting will be held at the Lourie Center at 1650 Park Circle from 6 to 8 p.m. Light refreshments will be available and a video message from former Ohio State Senator Nina Turner will be shown.

An event for Donald Trump supporters will be also held in the Palmetto State on Wednesday. Trump will make his way to Pendleton, South Carolina, to hold a Trump For President rally at Clemson University. The event will be held in the T. Ed Garrison Arena at 1101 W. Queen St. Doors open at 5 p.m., and the event begins at 7 p.m. Tickets are available at TrumpClemson.eventbrite.com and are free of charge.

Marco Rubio will speak Wednesday afternoon at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center. The Florida senator will be joined at the event by S.C. Congressman Trey Gowdy. Doors open at 2:15 p.m. with speeches set to begin at 3 p.m. All attendees over the age of 12 are expected to register individually via Eventbrite.

Thursday, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush will make his own appearance in the state capital. Bush will hold a rally at Senate's End on Senate Street with doors opening at 5:30 p.m. and festivities set to begin at 6:30 p.m.

News Editor Mary Ramsey contributed to this story.