Events this Weekend: 2/5/16

Feb. 5

Art & Draughts

From 7 to 11 p.m., the Columbia Museum of Art presents a night of interactive art. The event includes beer tastings, scavenger hunts, do-it-yourself art projects, live music and more. Tickets are only $9.

Loaded Late Night Sketch Comedy Show

Coming to the Trustus Theater at 11:15 p.m. for one night only, a large group of actors and comedians take the stage to perform sketches and bring laughter to the audience. Their cash bar will be open as well. Tickets are $5 dollars at the door for students with school ID.

Feb. 6

Junior League of Columbia's Clean Sweep

This rummage sale will be open to all with a $3 entry fee in the Cantey building at the South Carolina State Fairgrounds. Items for sale will include accessories, handbags, books and games. The event will last from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., and parking is $5.

Mardi Gras Ya Ya Parade and Music Festival

To start off Mardi Gras this year, this free event begins at 8 a.m. with a 5K run, continues at 11 a.m. with a parade and ends the day with music. Beverage proceeds are donated to City Roots — a sustainable farm that endured damage from the flood last year. Costumes are encouraged. The event will take place at 1005 Airport Blvd.

Feb. 7

REMIX: Themes and Variations in African Art

This exhibit at the Columbia Museum of Art begins on Feb. 5 and continues through May 3. REMIX explores the way African-American artists craft ideas and objects in innovative ways.

"Appropriate"

Attend the Sunday matinee of "Appropriate" at the Trustus theater at 3 p.m. This play kicked off on Jan. 29 and will run until Feb. 13. "Appropriate" tells the story of a family's complications and tensions in this Obie Award winner for "Best American Play." Tickets are $20 for students with school ID.