Student Endorsement: Jeb Bush

Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush at a campaign event in Coral Gables, Fla., on Saturday, Sept. 12, 2015. (Roberto Koltun/El Nuevo Herald/TNS)

There is no question in my mind that former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush will make a great president. Jeb possesses the qualities of someone who will be a great leader for our country. He is honest, thoughtful, strong, passionate and devoted. He does not aspire to be our president to push his own political agenda. He is the type of leader that we need to unite our country, making America an even better place to live.

Jeb has my support because I am confident that he would make the best president of anyone running, Republican or Democrat. Jeb has the best record of any candidate running. As governor of Florida, Jeb cut spendingcut taxes and created over a million new jobs in the state. These are only a few of the long list of Jeb’s accomplishments in his eight years as governor.

You can rest assured with Jeb that if he says it, it is the truth. Jeb doesn’t make empty promises to get elected or flip on issues to get votes. Our country doesn’t need to repeat its own history of electing someone who can wow a crowd with big ideas and then not be able to deliver once elected. Jeb's record as the governor of Florida also shows that he sticks to his word and his beliefs. His time as governor gave him the executive experience that is necessary to lead our country.

I encourage my peers to look at what each candidate stands for before casting their vote. Jeb’s moderate, yet conservative, views and sensible policies will unite both parties and allow our government in Washington to be productive once again. There is a reason why Jeb is endorsed by five U.S. Senators, including South Carolina’s Lindsey Graham, over 25 members of Congress and 12 Medal of Honor Recipients. All of these people know that Jeb is the type of leader that our country needs right now.

If you have any questions or would like to learn more about Jeb’s policies, please feel free to stop by his South Carolina campaign headquarters at 1102 Huger St. To read comprehensive outlines of Jeb’s policies, visit jeb2016.com.