Weekend Events: 3/18/16

3/18/16

Peter Pan

This weekend only, the Columbia City Ballet presents their premiere of "Peter Pan," an original ballet that was the brainchild of Artistic Director William Starrett. On Friday night, the performance begins at 7:30 p.m., with tickets starting at $20.

Alliance Française presents "Vin et Vignettes"

The Club Théâtre at the Columbia Museum of Art presents a night of wine and cheese tastings and an informal theatre workshop based on La Fontaine fables. These fables are performed in French, but English translations will be provided as well. This unique event begins at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 for general admission and free with a student ID.

3/19/16

St. Pat's in Five Points

Five Points' biggest event of the year is here! This St. Patrick's Day festival kicks off at 7:30 a.m. with the Midland's largest road race, Get to the Green, including a 10K, 5K and 1-mile family fun run. The St. Pat's Parade begins at 10 a.m. and will saunter along a mile of Devine Street. Musical entertainment will begin at noon and continue until the festival's end at 7 p.m. on four separate stages. Musical performances will include Isabelle's Gift, ColorBlind, The High Divers, Thin Lips, Old Dominion and more. A Silent Disco, featuring Dueling DJs, will begin at 2 p.m. and continue until 6 p.m.

Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door, with no re-entry allowed. No backpacks, bags or pets are allowed inside. Free shuttles will service the event from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., and will make stops at Capital City Stadium, Lincoln Garage and Hand Middle School.

3/20/16

Logic at the Music Farm

Up-and-coming artist Logic comes to the Music Farm at 9 p.m. Sunday night. Logic just released his sophomore album, "The Incredible True Story," in November 2015, and will be touring the world with more than 60 dates. This concert is open to all ages and is currently sold out.