Neon Indian performs relaxed, electronic concert

Neon Indian, a band from Denton, Texas, performed many songs from its new album, VEGA INTL. Night School, as well as a few of their classics, Saturday at the Music Farm. Their newest album was released Oct. 16, containing many songs that were rich with magnetic beats and smooth rhythms.

Neon Indian has graced the electronic music scene since 2009, with their first album "Psychic Chasms" setting the stage for their relaxed, indie vibes. Their most popular song, “Polish Girl,” helped the band push into the electronic music scene. A band for the long haul, their continued ability to create albums displays their longevity and popularity for electronic music fans.

Xenia Rubinos opened for the band, performing songs that had hypnotic pulses matching Neon Indian's musical style. Three musicians graced the stage and played their instruments, accompanied with a mixture of beats and recorded electric sounds.

The concert served as a good place for students to let loose and enjoy their weekend before the inevitable arrival of finals week.

“I just came here with my friends to have a good time," said Jacob Oliver, second-year risk management and insurance student. "We listen to a little bit of their music at home, just chilling.”

In addition, the Music Farm venue was also a big hit with concert attendees. The venue was almost full, but not packed, allowing plenty of room for the concert goers to move to the music while also remaining intimate — an ideal setting for the style of music.

Overall, the audience was extremely receptive to both the opening band and the main performance, creating a relaxed place to enjoy the music and the atmosphere.