Famously Hot City prepares for Famously Hot Pride

Thousands will take to the street Saturday to celebrate and fight for the rights of LGBT South Carolinians as part of the annual South Carolina Pride Parade, but Pride Week's events will stretch far beyond the walk down Main and Sumter.

The big parade will kick off at noon on Saturday in the heart of downtown Columbia. This year's parade will feature multiple grand marshals representing a variety of groups and individuals who have been at the heart of the fight for LGBT equality in the Palmetto State, such as SC Equality and AIDS Benefit Foundation South Carolina. SC Pride will also be collecting donations throughout the parade.

Those looking to march in the parade should meet on the corner of Main and Laurel at 11 a.m.  

From there on, the festival will take over much of downtown Columbia. Vendors and stages will line Main Street from Hampton Street all the way past Lady Street. This year's entertainment line-up includes American Idol winner Jordin Sparks and several stars of RuPaul's Drag Race.

And the celebration doesn't stop when the sun goes down. This year's festivities include an SC Pride After Party. The night will start at 10 p.m. at Music Farm and promises to run till 2 a.m. This event is for those 21 and older.

The weekend will come to a close with the SC Pride Picnic on Sunday morning at Reformation Lutheran Church.