Other sports to attend besides football this Parents Weekend

As parents are arriving, there are plenty of activities and action happening in Columbia. Many teams are returning home, making it a packed weekend of sports in Columbia, giving families plenty of options on how to spend the days.

For families looking for something to do early in the weekend, the women’s soccer team will be back at Stone Stadium on Thursday night taking on UNC Greensboro. The ladies are looking to continue their strong start to the season, as they are currently undefeated.

The equestrian team starts their season Friday at 2 p.m. with an exhibition against Alabama. After being National Champions in 2014, the team had a rough 2015 season, finishing 5-11. The Gamecocks are looking to get back to their 2014 ways and ride back to the top.

The baseball team is back at the diamond, as they have their first fall scrimmage this weekend. They will play Friday at 4 p.m., Saturday at 10:30 a.m. and Sunday at 1:30 p.m. All scrimmages are free and open to the public. The Gamecocks made it all the way to Super Regionals last season but have bigger plans for the upcoming season. They are hungry for more and watching them tune up after a summer away can be a more relaxing option this weekend.

The women’s volleyball team is back in Columbia this weekend hosting the Gamecock Invitational. They will start the competition Friday night against Davidson, and then continue into Saturday against William & Mary and Gardner-Webb. The volleyball team is currently 9-0 after sweeps of their first three tournaments and is looking for another 3-0 weekend. If a big SEC football game isn’t your family’s scene, going and watching the volleyball team continue their undefeated season is a great way to go.

Whether you got a ticket to the home game or your family just isn’t as into college football, there are plenty of games throughout the weekend to go cheer on the Gamecocks.