Events and Releases: March 27 - April 2

Events:

Thursday, March 30

Springfest

Carolina Productions will host the second annual Springfest this Thursday. The festival will include activities and prizes as well as local businesses. The day will end with performances by local band Ropeswing Marathon and “The Voice” season three winner Cassadee Pope. Springfest will take place on Greene Street from noon until 7 p.m. and the music will begin at 5:30 p.m. 

Grace Joyner at New Brookland Tavern

The Mobros, North by North and Grace Joyner will perform at New Brookland Tavern at 8 p.m. on Thursday. Joyner, a Charleston local, performs all around the Columbia area. This electro-alternative singer-songwriter sings mellow ballads and chill experimental music. Tickets are $6 for over 21 and $10 for under 21.

Final Showing of "Kedi" at The Nickelodeon Theatre

"Kedi" is a Turkish film that is a part of the Nick's Foreign Focus series. Ceyda Torun directs this film that provides a unique approach to describing a bustling Turkish city. Istanbul is home to "hundreds of thousands" of wandering cats, that are neither tame nor feral. The final screening of "Kedi" is on Thursday at 8:30 p.m. Visit the Nickelodeon's website for more showtimes. 

Friday, March 31

Harlem Globetrotters

The Harlem Globetrotters will be performing at the Colonial Life Arena this Friday at 7 p.m. The Globetrotters are known for their exciting basketball trick shocks, high levels of fan interaction and of course slam dunks. Tickets for this event start at $24.50.

Saturday, April 1

Columbia Open Studios

701 Center for Contemporary Art will be hosting the 7th annual Open Studios Event. It will take place Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m and noon to 6 p.m. on Sunday. This free event allows guests to roam and participate in a self-guided driving tour around different artists' studios in Columbia. It provides an opportunity for locals to become involved with the art scene in Columbia, and learn more about the artistic process.

River Rocks Music Festival

River Rocks Music Festival takes place along the banks of the Congaree river. This year, the festival headliner is Zach Deputy, who is self-characterized as "Jamband, Funk, Soul." Other bands at the event include Prettier Than Matt, The Affectionates, Dangermuffin and Josh Roberts & The Hinges. There will be craft beer and food vendors available, as well as a rock climbing wall for kids. Tickets are $12-15.

Carolina Cup

Saturday will mark the 83rd running of the Carolina Cup Steeplechase at the Springdale Race Course in Camden, South Carolina. The Carolina Cup allows people to get together in their Sunday best and enjoy a day of horse racing and socializing with the tens of thousands of other guests. Tickets are $45 and can be purchased at www.carolina-cup.org.

WUSC Roswell Rodeo

To end their fundraising week,WUSC is hosting a concert this Saturday at New Brookland Tavern from 7:30 p.m. to midnight. The bands playing at the show include Temple Grandin Hug Machine, The Whoops, Paper Shoes, Biruni, King Goof and Happy. The show is $6 over 21 and $10 under. 

Releases:

Tuesday, March 28 

"MLB The Show 17"

Platforms: PS4

Friday, March 31

"Ghost in the Shell"

Friday Showtimes:

Regal Columbiana Grande Stadium 14: 4:30 p.m., 10 p.m. (3D); 1:45 p.m., 7:15 p.m. (Standard)

Regal Columbia Cinema 7: 1 p.m., 3:45 p.m. 6:45 p.m., 9:30 p.m. (3D); 2 p.m., 4:45 p.m., 7:45 p.m., 10:30 p.m (Standard).