Arrest made in March 19 Pour House assault

<p>Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center booking photo of Daniel Halsey Wells, 29.</p>
Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center booking photo of Daniel Halsey Wells, 29.

A man accused of assaulting a USC student outside of a Five Points bar two weeks ago was arrested Friday morning.

According to a Columbia Police Department press release, Daniel Halsey Wells, 29, turned himself in to CPD investigators. A warrant for Halsey's arrest was previously announced Thursday for charges of assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature. 

Halsey was wanted in connection with the March 19 assault of USC student Ryan Chisolm, 22, outside Pour House bar on Harden Street. CPD investigators identified Halsey as the owner of Pour House, according to The State. 

Video of the incident shows a then-unidentified man placing Chisolm in a choke hold from behind, then tossing the computer information systems student to the pavement. Chisolm's jaw was broken, as were a number of his teeth. 

A judge unspecified in the CPD release placed Halsey's bond at $50,000 surety. Halsey was transported to Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center after his arrest Friday morning.

The Five Points Association released a statement earlier this week in support of Chisolm.

"The Five Points community is shocked by the video of the cruel act that occurred outside Carolina Pour House on Sunday, March 19, 2017," the statement read. "Our thoughts are with the victim and his family, and we are hopeful for a speedy recovery and his swift return to the University of South Carolina." 

It is noted in the statement that Pour House is not a member of the Five Points Association. Attempts to reach Pour House staff for comment have been unsuccessful as of Friday afternoon.