Events and Releases: April 10 - April 16

Events:

Tuesday, April 11

Songversation: Paisley Marie

Tapps Art Center is holding an evening of live music and storytelling featuring local singer/songwriter Paisley Marie. Marie is only 19 but she has already played hundreds of shows, created an original album and toured with many well-known artists. The show will last from 7 to 9 p.m. and will cost $5, or you can reserve a table for four and a bottle of wine for $20.

Wednesday, April 12

Gamecocks Eat Well Cooking Class

From 5:30 to 7 p.m. a registered dietician will provide advice to students about how to successfully eat healthy on campus. Hands-on instructions and demonstrations will be utilized to show the preparation of healthy and balanced meals. The free event will take place in the Maxcy Kitchen.

Chaz Bundick Meets The Mattson 2 at NBT

Chaz Bundick, more commonly known by his stage name Toro y Moi,is a Columbia native.He is performing at New Brookland Tavern Wednesday night at 7 p.m. with special guest Madeline Kenney. Bundick is a synthesizer heavy artist that has been characterized as "chillwave" or"hypnagogic pop." Tickets are $15 and can be purchased online.

A conversation with Nathan Fielder

Comedian Nathan Fielder is coming to speak at the Russel House Ballroom at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday night.Fielder is the star of Comedy Central's "Nathan for You" where he attempts to turn around struggling businesses with wacky and crazy ideas, such as the time he opened up a coffee shop that looked nearly identical to Starbucks and called it Dumb Starbucks.

Friday, April 14

Stop Light Observations

This Charleston-based indie folk rock band will be playing at Main Street Public House at 9:30 p.m. SLO has been featured on Conan O'Brien's Team Coco, and have played shows with The Pixies and Band of Horses. They are currently touring to promote their most recent album "Toogoodoo," a psychedelic ode to the highlights and pitfalls of artistic and personal life. The band's pre-recorded tracks are impressive, but Stop Light Observations excels during life performances. They create a captivating atmosphere that often includes conversations with audience members. Tickets cost $7 and can be purchased online before the show.

USC vs. Mississippi State Baseball

On Friday at 7 p.m. the Gamecocks will take on the Mississippi State Bulldogs at Founder's Park. Student athletic tickets are free through the student ticket account manager, non-student tickets are $10 each.

Releases:

Tuesday, April 11

Yooka Laylee

Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC, Mac

Friday, April 14

"The Search For Everything," John Mayer 

"Fate of the Furious"

Friday Showtimes:

Regal Columbiana Grande Stadium 14: 12:15 p.m., 3:45 p.m., 7:15 p.m., 9:45 p.m.

Regal Columbia Cinema 7: 12:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 9:30 p.m.