In Brief: Sept. 5, 2017

An unidentified Immigration and Customs Enforcement deportation officer reviews forms at the the Pacific Enforcement Response Center in Laguna Niguel, Calif., in an April 26, 2017, file image. (Allen J. Schaben/Los Angeles Times/TNS)

"If President Trump choses to cancel the DACA program and give Congress six months to come up with a legislative solution, I will be supportive of such a position ... If President Trump makes this decision we will work to find a legislative solution to [Dream Act kids'] dilemma."

— South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham on DACA, a program that allows undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. as children to remain in the U.S.

Body found on S.C. lake identified as Clemson student

Investigators have confirmed a body found in Lake Hartwell over Labor Day weekend is that of a Clemson University graduate student. The death was ruled a suicide, The State reports. Official confirmation by Oconee County Coroner Karl Addis came through Monday, and an uncle of the student has been notified. Clemson University Police are assisting in the investigation.

— Compiled by Mary Ramsey, News Editor