Homecoming in full swing, with parade and more still to come

<p>President Emeritus Harris Pastides and his wife Patricia Moore-Pastides ride in a car in the 2017 Homecoming parade.</p>
President Emeritus Harris Pastides and his wife Patricia Moore-Pastides ride in a car in the 2017 Homecoming parade.

This year's Homecoming has already been host to a series of events including cultural fairs, Spurs in Struts and a special Homecoming edition of Hip-Hop Wednesday. These events are designed to let students express pride in their school as well as meet new people and enjoy some well-earned time off from class. With these events in the past, there are still more to come, giving students plenty of time to enjoy USC's Homecoming of 2017.

• On Thursday from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Greene Street, Cocky's Canned Creations will let this year's homecoming teams showcase their work. The teams this year have been tasked with building floats out of construction paper and canned goods, all of which will be donated to Harvest Hope and Gamecock Pantry.
  • On Thursday from 7 to 10 p.m. in the Colonial Life Arena, the NPHC step show will showcase the Greek Village's "Divine Nine" performing energetic and cultural shows they have made in-house. The event showcases the rich culture that the organizations come from, as well as exposing students from all backgrounds to something new.
  • On Friday starting at 3 p.m., the Homecoming parade will be trailing from Sumter Street to Devine Street. During this time, students will be able to watch from any of the designated watch zones, giving them a chance to enjoy a series of floats and marches created by other students at USC.
  • On Friday at 7:30 p.m., the pre-show for Cockstock at Colonial Life Area starts. Headliner 21 Savage comes on stage at 8:30 p.m. Students can get in for free with a CarolinaCard, and tickets are also on sale online. A joint production of Student Government, Carolina Productions and Residence Hall Association, the event looks to build on the success of last year.
  • On Saturday at 1 p.m., Homecoming is holding a tailgate where students can play cornhole and get their faces painted. The tailgate on Greene Street is the last event before the Homecoming game against Vanderbilt at 4 p.m.