Gamecocks in the NFL: Week 9 roundup

The Oakland Raiders' Jared Cook is unable to make the catch in the end zone against the Baltimore Ravens in the first half at the Coliseum in Oakland, Calif., on Sunday, Oct. 8, 2017. (Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area News Group/TNS)

Week 9 in the NFL was full of high-scoring, high-flying action that came via four former Gamecocks, including Alshon Jeffery and Jared Cook who led the way to victory on Sunday.

Alshon Jeffery — Philadelphia Eagles

Coming off a big Week 8 performance, Alshon Jeffery only proved his worth more by recording six receptions for 84 yards and two touchdowns against the Broncos, who have one of the best defenses in the NFL. Jeffery is proving to be a legitimate receiver as a top target on the best team in the NFL.

Jared Cook — Oakland Raiders

Jared Cook has shown to be an effective tight end this season by recording his second 100-yard game. He posted eight receptions for 126 yards on Sunday. Since his clutch catch in last year’s NFC Championship game, he has proven that he can be a top NFL tight end. Cook is only one yard away from amassing 500 yards on the season.

D.J. Swearinger — Washington Redskins

Greenwood native D.J. Swearinger has been a part of four different teams in his NFL career, but he seems to have found his rhythm with the Redskins. In Week 9, Swearinger recorded three tackles, and picked off Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson in the end zone.

Jadeveon Clowney — Houston Texans

Jadeveon Clowney is proving the doubters wrong game by game. Some dubbed him as "a bust" early in his NFL career when his performance was hindered due to injury. Clowney showed up last year by making a Pro Bowl appearance, and looks to be well on his way to making another Pro Bowl this season. Against the Colts, Clowney recorded four tackles, one tackle for loss and one sack.