Hannah Flint | The Daily Gamecock

"Anthropocene Hex Sign" by Eli Kessler uses the butterfly species Parnassius Phoebus and Alcides Orontes to create a hive-like structure housing the butterflies. The sculpture is created with aluminum, 3D-printed PLA plastic and LED lights.

HFLINT_voyageoflife_0075.JPG

"Perceptual Interface" by Eli Kessler is constructed of a server network cabinet, video, monitors, an optical grid and a cooling fan. The work involves a recording-like avatar that has minimal movement, creating an eerie atmosphere.

HFLINT_voyageoflife_0068.jpg

Freshman forward Gregory "GG" Jackson II prepares to shoot a free throw early in the first half of the Gamecock's scrimmage against Mars Hill on Nov. 2, 2022. The top recruit scored 11 points, including 7 rebounds, contributing to the 80-41 win for the Gamecocks.

MBB_Scrimmage_MarsHill_0005.JPG

Senior guard Chico Carter Jr. sneaks through the defense to try to make a shot during South Carolina's scrimmage against Mars Hill on Nov. 2, 2022. Carter scored 26 points with four rebounds and two assists Friday night in a losing effort against Davidson in the Gamecocks' second game of the Charleston Classic.

MBB_Scrimmage_MarsHill_0009.JPG

FILE — Freshman forward Sha O'Rourke high-fives her teammates as she makes her way to the field in preparation for their game against NC State on Sept. 11, 2022. The Gamecocks tied against the Wolfpack 0-0.

womens_soccer_0084.jpg

More media »