Xavier Martin | The Daily Gamecock

Twyla Wafford Stowe, a 2005 USC graduate and former Cocky mascot introduces her seven-and-a-half-year-old daughter, Sarah Jo Stowe to Cocky after the USC Tiger Burning ceremony on Nov. 21, 2022. USC hosts this event annually during the week leading up to the South Carolina-Clemson football rival match the following Saturday. This year Clemson is hosting the game at their field, "Death Valley" on Nov. 26, 2022.

221121_XTM_Tiger Burn_192.jpg

Freshman biomedical engineering students Gabby Cordell (on left) and Chloe Quinton (on right) pose in front of the burned-down Clemson Tiger statue on Nov. 21, 2022. USC hosts this event annually during the week leading up to the South Carolina-Clemson football rival match the following Saturday. This year Clemson is hosting the game at their field, "Death Valley" on Nov. 26, 2022.

221121_XTM_Tiger Burn_175.jpg

Third-year nursing major Rose Ferguson plays the air-guitar with Cockey during the playing of "Eye of the Tiger" after the USC Tiger Burning on Nov. 21, 2022. USC hosts this event annually during the week leading up to the South Carolina-Clemson football rival match the following Saturday. This year Clemson is hosting the game at their field, "Death Valley."

221121_XTM_Tiger Burn_150.jpg

Students watch as the giant wood and steel-beam Clemson Tiger bursts into flames during the USC Tiger Burning Ceremony on Nov. 21, 2022. USC hosts this event annually during the week leading up to the South Carolina-Clemson football rival match the following Saturday. This year Clemson is hosting the game at their field, "Death Valley" on Nov. 26, 2022.

221121_XTM_Tiger Burn_059.jpg

More media »