Crime Blotter: August 25 to September 1

1 Assault/Simple Assault

1 Disorderly Conduct

3 Drunkenness

3 Drug/narcotics violation

4 Fake/Other ID

1 Larceny/theft from building

1 Trespass

1 Vandalism/Destruction of Property

— A police officer was dispatched to handle a work-related incident on Aug. 25 at the construction trailer behind the Darla Moore School of Business. The victim stated that he was arguing with one of his coworkers when the offender lunged at him and threw his drill at him. These actions allegedly caused the victim to throw his hands up defensively, and the drill hit his left pinky when he did so. The offender fled the scene before police presence could arrive. When the police officer did arrive, there was a visible injury to the victim’s pinky and he had already sought medical attention on his own. A witness provided police with a written statement.

— A police officer reported to Bates House at 12:01 a.m. on Aug. 26 in response to a possible intoxicated female who was banging on doors on the sixth floor. The individual, who was exhibiting signs of drunkenness such as slurred speech, glossy eyes and the smell of alcohol, was sitting in a study area on the ground floor with a resident mentor when the police arrived. The individual admitted to drinking two beers, and was arrested for minor in possession of beer.

— On Aug. 26, a police officer reported to LeConte College because of larceny of janitorial supplies. The janitorial staff had recently stocked the floors with large and small trash bags, paper towels and toilet paper. The next day, $480 of supplies were missing from each floor. Two doors in the basement that were normally secured were also unlocked.