CP gets it right with Nick Cannon

As the primary source of information for those interested in what is going on at and around the University of South Carolina, The Daily Gamecock is committed to providing its readers with the information necessary to form their own opinions about issues, both on and off campus. At times, our editorial board has been critical of administrators, community and student leaders and student organizations it believes have failed live up to the expectations of our readers. Perhaps no other student organization has, deservedly, born the brunt of our criticism more than Carolina Productions.

While we believe this criticism has indeed been warranted, we also believe that it is important to give credit where credit is due.Last night, Carolina Productions hosted Nick Cannon and packed the ballroom with 650 students who appeared to thoroughly enjoy Cannon’s routine. Students laughed hysterically at Cannon’s jokes and gave him a standing ovation at the end of the show.

The best part? The organization, known for spending exorbitant amounts of money on relatively-unknown entertainers, spent only $1,250 to bring Cannon to campus.

Great job, CP.

You’ve proven to all of us that you do know how to negotiate with celebrities and their agents. Congratulations, you have made us proud. But now that you’ve shown that you can bring a relatively big act to campus for less than $18,000, we have one request: contact PostSecret’s Frank Warren and tell him that his services will no longer be needed. We can get 14.4 Nick Cannons for that!