Fall concert lineup diverse, extensive

Summer may be over, but that doesn’t mean that all performers stop touring. Here’s a sneak preview of some of the musical acts making their way through the Carolinas this fall. 

Britney Spears with Nicki Minaj

Time Warner Cable Arena (Charlotte, N.C.)
Thursday, Aug. 25, 7:30 p.m.
$29.50 — $350

The princess of pop will be making a tour stop in Charlotte in support of her latest album “Femme Fatale.” If your ideal concert experience includes nonstop dancing and big-budget special effects, this is the show for you.

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals

The Fillmore (Charlotte, N.C.)
Friday, Aug. 26, 8 p.m.
$23.50 in advance / $26 day of show

Up-and-coming indie rocker Grace Potter is still touring after playing the festival circuit this summer. You may not know the band by name, but it’s likely that you have heard their song “Paris (Ooh La La),” as it has been featured in several television commercials.

Matisyahu with Trevor Hall

Amos’ Southend (Charlotte, N.C.)
Tuesday, Aug. 30, 8:30 p.m.
$25

If you didn’t get a chance to see Matisyahu when Carolina Productions brought him to campus last semester (or if you did and you’d like to see him again), the Hasidic Jewish reggae artist will be making a tour stop in Charlotte at the end of August. 

Jason Aldean with Chris Young and Thompson Square

Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (Charlotte, N.C.)
Friday, Sept. 9, 7:30 p.m.
$35 — $70

If country is more your style, Georgia native and platinum recording artist Jason Aldean will be headlining a tour this fall with Chris Young and Thompson Square. Be sure to wear your cowboy hat.

TV on the Radio

The Fillmore (Charlotte, N.C.)
Monday, Sept. 12, 7:30 p.m.
$35

Though their lineup has changed several times over the course of their 10-year career, TV on the Radio is still making albums and touring. The band’s stop in Charlotte is part of a tour promoting their fourth studio album “Nine Types of Light.” 

Honda Civic Tour: Blink-182 and My Chemical Romance with Matt & Kim

Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (Charlotte, N.C.)
Tuesday, Sept. 20, 7 p.m.
$20 — $70

Blink-182 and My Chemical Romance are co-headlining this year’s Honda Civic Tour. Pop-punk fans from two generations can mosh to sets by both bands in Charlotte this September.

Hanson with Charlie Mars

Amos’ Southend (Charlotte, N.C.)
Tuesday, Oct. 25, 8 p.m.
$25

Boy bands aren’t dead yet. These three brothers are still making music and touring even though they’ve cut their hair and their voices have changed. If you’re feeling nostalgic for the late ’90s, be sure to catch Hanson when they play in Charlotte this October.

Taylor Swift

Colonial Life Arena (Columbia, S.C.)
Friday, Nov. 18, 7 p.m.
$25 — $69.50

Crossover country/pop artist Taylor Swift returns to the Carolinas this fall after a nearly sold-out show in 2010. Swift will also be playing at the Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, but the show has sold out.