The Daily Gamecock

Cookie Scare Clears Dorm

Uh-Oh Oreo! Someone in Patterson Hall forgot to turn the cookies off.

The residence hall was evacuated around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday due to a fire alarm on the fourth floor. Numerous residents said the alarm was set off by cookie catching on fire in a microwave.

Resident mentors let students back into the building after a few minutes, once firefighters had investigated the building. Residents assured The Daily Gamecock the occurrence was in no way related to weekly "Tollhouse Tuesdays."