In our opinion: Business school fees should be examined

Intangibles like competitiveness and rankings — yes, we're aware it's one of the university's top schools — are hard to quantify. How far does an extra $100 per student go toward keeping the business school on top?
Certain improvements may be necessary and prestige and high rankings are important, but the expensive financial sacrifice the school is forcing upon its students each semester doesn't seem right.

If it is going to charge a fee, it should be more reasonable and it should stay at a set amount every year so students don't have to worry about it increasing along with the constant tuition increases they already face every time they pay their bill.

Also, the school also need to be up front with all its students. It should tell incoming and freshman students about the fees before they commit to its programs. And if it's not going to curb the fees, the school should at least let all students know how much they cost and that they will increase year to year.
Being competitive is important to the school and university but ultimately, the School of Business needs to put its students first.

And asking students to pay these large fees, and then quietly increasing them year-to-year, doesn't seem like good business.