In our opinion: Parents should keep their eyes open during USC visit

Have you noticed it's a little difficult getting around? Do you suddenly find that you have misplaced your child in the teeming crowds of students? Well, the growing freshman classes these past two years have made space around campus a little, well, tight. We're sure you'll understand. Waiting for a cold pizza or burger in a line 30-people deep really reminds you of your college days, doesn't it?

Speaking of food, it might be slightly impolite to ask about your child's meal plan — especially if you bought a Flex meal plan. The price of that same cold pizza might get a little complicated, once you subtract the savings, carry the one and don't the forget to multiply by the constant: outright scam.
Well, at least you can be excited for the Vanderbilt game Saturday. That's sure to be fun, right? The tailgating, the cheering, the parties — you remember it all like it was yesterday.

The same thing can't really be said of your USC student, though. Between a ticket shortage and a clumsy online reservation system, your son or daughter likely stayed in his or her dorm.

But they'll always catch the next game, right? If they catch up on their loyalty points, and — you know what? Yeah, sure, they'll make the next one.
So, your son or daughter picked a good school. He or she also chose a school rife with bureaucracy, questionable spending and decisions that at times make little sense.

Now, back to your normal programming.