TicketReturn error causes widespread confusion

System glitch temporarily depletes students' loyalty points

USC’s student ticketing system, didn’t properly function after Saturday’s night game, meaning every student who attended the game woke up Sunday to a subtracted loyalty point.

Scanners at each gate worked and registered tickets, said Anna Edwards, director of student services at USC.

But when those scanners were synced with the TicketReturn server at the Colonial Life Arena, data from the scanners didn’t upload, Edwards said.

That meant the system automatically punished more than 10,000 students because it registered them as no-shows.

Edwards said USC officials were working to upload the data Sunday afternoon and that students who attended the game would be credited before the claim period begins Tuesday for the Vanderbilt’s game.

She blamed the error on first-game woes and said it wouldn’t affect students’ chances to request tickets.

Confused students took to social media Sunday afternoon, curious as to why their point total showed “-1” for the Navy game.

Eric Cash, a fourth-year student double-majoring in global supply chain and operations management and accounting, said he understood that every system has its flaws.

“I guess it’s technology; there are glitches every once in a while,” Cash said. “As long as it’s fixed and doesn’t affect the lottery for the Vanderbilt game, it’s not a big deal.”