Children's Advocacy Law Society hosts benefit for St. Jude Children's Hospital

Pancake supper held Wednesday night

USC's Children's Advocacy Law Society hosted its first-annual Pancake Supper Wednesday night to benefit the St. Jude Children's Hospital.

The pancake supper was held in the lobby of the law school and had a goal of raising about $250. The entrance charge was $5 and the supper was all you can eat.  Law student Natalie Haymond originated the idea.

The Children’s Advocacy Law Society is an organization that teaches USC law students about legal issues involving children and raises money locally and nationally.

Pam Robinson, the director of the Pro Bono program, stated that the Children's Advocacy Law Society has been a very proactive group in all different types of fundraising. 

“Every little bit helps—if you set an example now, you may have an impact five or even 10 years down the road,” Robinson said.

The Children’s Advocacy Law Society takes part in a series of speakers throughout the year about legal issues affecting children and much more.  For the past four years, this group has also been hosting a Chili Cook-off Competition among organizations around the area. The event takes place every spring and has been very successful in raising money for the Richland County Guardian ad Litem Program. 

The Children’s Advocacy Law Society’s slogan, quoted from Dr. Seuss, correlates well with its goals and hopes—“A person is a person no matter how small.”