Carolina Dining celebrates Valentine's Day

USC restaurants offer holiday specials

Want to make Valentine's Day date plans but you're stranded on campus? Carolina Dining will be serving several special meals in honor of the holiday, and most of them can be purchased on a meal plan. Here's a look at the treats offered for you and your sweetheart, ranging from dinner to dessert.

Top of Carolina, USC's rotating restaurant above Capstone House, has several Valentine's Day specials planned this weekend and on the actual holiday. On Friday, diners can partake in Cupid's BBQ Buffet from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. For $10.75 per person, diners can enjoy coleslaw, potato salad and a buffet including pulled barbecue pork, pulled barbecue turkey breast, macaroni and cheese, white rice, green beans, rolls, iced tea, coffee and banana pudding.

Top of Carolina will also be serving a Sweetheart Brunch from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Sunday for $21 per person. Brunch diners can choose from a variety of breakfast or lunch options, and beverages and dessert are included. On Tuesday night, the Valentine's Day Dinner Buffet is $27.29 per person. Seatings for Valentine's Day are at 5 p.m., 6:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. Reservations are recommended for all three events. To reserve your spot, call 803-777-7919.

If you're on the north side of campus on Feb. 14, drop by Gibbes Court Bistro for a "Love Lunch" special from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. While you're there, check out the Sweet Showdown Cupcake Decorating Competition from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Eight students will decorate oversized cupcakes and compete for the first-place prize, a $100 gift card. Even though only eight students are competing, spectators can purchase cupcakes to decorate, too. The Sweet Showdown will also feature appearances by Cocky, Chef Al and the Pillsbury Doughboy.

Preston's at Noon has two special menus for Valentine's Day. The restaurant is serving a Valentine's Day lunch with roasted pork loin or broccoli cheddar baked stuffed potato entrees, chicken noodle soup and chili con carne with sides of fire-roasted red peppers, sugar snap peas and yellow rice. The lunch also includes a bouquet giveaway. Preston's also has a special Valentine's dinner planned on Tuesday night.

Bates Diner, Grand Market Place and Honeycomb Cafe will all have Valentine's Day menus. Holiday-themed cookies and candies will be for sale at Café Verde, Jazzman's, Hampton Street Café, Cooper's Corner at the Thomas Cooper Library and Fast Break. Colloquium Café will be selling cake pops and cookies on Valentine's Day.

To learn more about Carolina Dining specials, "like" its Facebook page or follow it on Twitter @Carolina_Dining.