Student football ticket information long overdue

The moment we've all been waiting for has finally arrived. For weeks, we've groveled, we've whined and we've raged, and now, it's here: coveted information about how to claim our South Carolina football tickets. With the first home game of the season just a few short days away, the only thing we have to say is, it's about time. Read More

After two weeks of confusion that has been circulating around our campus, USC has at last sent out an email to students informing them of how to claim those long-awaited football tickets. The process isn't exactly intuitive. Following the ticketing system switch this summer to Ticketmaster — a system that has been as spotty as our football team's offense — USC hasn't done a great job of keeping Carolina's die-hard fans up to date and in the know. Not to mention that many students didn't even get a chance to sign up for tickets during the summer due to information about the new ticketing system being sent to their junk mail folders.

It shouldn't have taken USC this long to get such important information out to us, and even though the students who received tickets now know how to claim them, USC still has not communicated with the ticketless portion of the student body to tell them how exactly to obtain tickets. And while administrators have assured us that those students without tickets should be able to claim one if enough are canceled, they haven't explained just how they'll be able to.

USC would do well to remember for the future the necessity of communicating with students, rather than keeping us in the dark. For now, we hope we can finally start claiming our tickets and preparing for a great season of football. Go, Cocks!