Star acts to release new records soon

Justin Timberlake, Yeah Yeah Yeahs make comeback in 2013

Lady Gaga — “ARTPOP”

Whether you love her or you hate her, it’s impossible to ignore her. This year will see the juggernaut fashionista delivering a Europop sound after releasing nothing but a fragrance in 2012. “ARTPOP,” which shares the name of one of Gaga’s tattoos, faces the possibility of being as eclectic as “Born This Way” — but you never know what to expect from her. The spring release is also currently in question since Gaga claims she wrote 50 songs for the album and is planning a collaboration with Tony Bennett.

Kings of Leon — Untitled

Critics have always been watching Kings of Leon’s musical direction. While the band has certainly changed over the years from southern rock to more mainstream music, it’s still interesting to see what sound they will go for next. The band has been on hiatus recently so that the Followill family could focus on being married and having babies, but a tweet from drummer Nathan Followill has confirmed that Kings of Leon is currently recording its sixth album, which may be finished by fall 2013.

Justin Timberlake — “The 20/20 Experience”

Say what you want about Justin Timberlake, but no doubt he’s one of the most successful artists of our time with his music, movies and numerous “Saturday Night Live” appearances. After seven long years, Timberlake will make a comeback into music with his latest album “The 20/20 Experience,” which will be released on March 19, according to the music video of the first single “Suit & Tie.” The song, which already found success thanks to Timberlake’s high-pitched vocals and an elegant verse from Jay-Z, bodes well.  

Arcade Fire — Untitled

Arcade Fire has faced hype from fans and critics at nearly every point of its career. With this hype came three fantastic albums, including its Grammy-winning “The Suburbs” in 2010. The band has been making progress on its fourth album, due out late this year. And with LCD Soundsystem’s James Murphy in the studio helping out, the odds of this album being just as impressive as the last three are very high.

Kid Cudi — “Indicud”

“Indicud” will feature Kid Cudi’s return to hip-hop after his work on pop/rock band WZRD. Unlike his previous efforts, Kid Cudi’s upcoming album will feature a mountain of guest spots, including J. Cole, Pusha T, Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West and Jaden Smith among others. The first single, “Just What I Am,” with its dreamlike beaks and incomparable wordplay, is a promising start for his third studio album. “Indicud” is set to be released early 2013.

Lil Wayne — “I Am Not a Human Being II”

The sequel to Lil Wayne’s eighth studio album “I Am Not a Human Being,” has been through delay hell. Originally intended for a summer 2012 release, “I am Not a Human Being II” will instead hit stores on February 19. But with the likes of Mike WiLL Made It and David Banner behind production, the album could prove to be worth the wait.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs — “Mosquito”

How can fans of singer Karen O not be excited for the band’s upcoming album when they take a first glance at the album cover? Four years after “It’s Blitz,” Yeah Yeah Yeahs announced on Facebook that its latest album “Mosquito” will hit stores April 16. In contrast to “It’s Blitz’s” dance-pop sound, early live performances of new songs like “Suck Young Blood” give the impression that the trio has returned to its punk roots.

Paramore — “Paramore”

The departure of guitarist Josh Farro and drummer Zac Farro  really hit Paramore hard, but orange-haired Haley Williams assures fans that the band has stayed strong. And the band shows it with Williams’ glossy vocals returning on the band’s latest single, “Now.” It expresses the band’s will to carry on with rallying cries like, “There’s a time and a place to die but this ain’t it.” The song will be featured on the band’s fourth studio album, the self-titled “Paramore,” set to be released April 9.