Crime Blotter for June 1 to June 10

— An officer was patrolling the grounds at Carolina Stadium on the afternoon of June 1 when a parking employee alerted him of an intoxicated man. The woman said he approached her on a bicycle, barked at her and was unsteady on his feet. The officer found him at the 200 block of Catawba Circle, where the man admitted to drinking. While he was talking to the officer, he became belligerent and began cursing loudly, well within earshot of Catawba Circle residents as well as spectators at the nearby baseball game. After being evaluated by emergency medical technicians, the man was arrested for disorderly conduct and transported to Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center.

—Late on the evening of June 1, a Lexington County Sheriff’s Deputy alerted USC’s Division of Law Enforcement and Safety of an intoxicated man in the outfield of Carolina Stadium far past game time. Officers responded and found a “grossly intoxicated” man who could not walk under his own power laying near the visitors’ dugout. He was arrested for disorderly conduct and transported to Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center after being evaluated by emergency medical technicians.

—Bad Luck of the Week: Police were called to the intersection of Assembly and Whaley streets in response to a car accident. Columbia Police and Fire departments were already on the scene but witnesses told USC Division of Law Enforcement and Safety officers that three white males had run from the accident toward Olympia Mills apartments. An Olympia Mills security guard told the officers that the men went to the second floor and that she overheard them talking about a car accident they had been in. When officers tried to speak with the men at their apartment, one man was “combative” and denied officers entry, threatening to call his lawyer. As police continued to try and gain entry, another man approached the apartment and was found with a Florida driver’s license that did not belong to him. He was found to have a history of possessing multiple driver’s licenses and was cited for possessing someone else’s driver’s license.
— complied by Amanda Coyne, Editor-in-Chief