Crime blotter for May 25 to June 1

— An officer was driving on Blossom Street early on the morning of May 25 when he noticed a silver Suzuki Grand Vitara swerving, entering other lanes and hitting a cement divider. The officer turned on his lights when the driver ran a red light. When he stopped the driver, she tried to roll the window down, but initially couldn’t because the car was off. She could after the officer gave her instructions. The officer noticed that she seemed erratic, jittery and “hyper” and she was unable to produce her driver’s license. The woman failed a series of field sobriety tests and was arrested for driving under the influence. After being arrested, the woman would not provide officers with a urine sample or an adequate breath sample. She was transported to Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center.

—An officer stopped a beige Chevy Colorado early on the morning of May 26 after its driver ran a stop sign. After the driver and passenger exited the car, the officer noticed a brown pipe in the back seat. When he asked the car’s occupants what the pipe was used for, the passenger replied “marijuana.” The officer searched the car and did not find any drugs. He then asked the passenger if he had drugs on him. The passenger admitted to having marijuana and was given a citation for simple possession of marijuana. The driver was given a written warning for running the stop sign.

Girl Fight of the Week: Three officers responded to a fight after a May 29 graduation ceremony at the Carolina Coliseum. The victim told police that after the ceremony, a woman came from behind and grabbed her hair, repeatedly hitting her in the head and saying “I told you I was going to find you and get up.” Bystanders pulled the woman off of the victim before police arrived. Witnesses told police that after the two were separated, the assailant bragged, laughed and said “I just beat her ass.” When police questioned the assailant about the incident, she jokingly replied that she and the victim had an “ongoing disagreement” and admitted to hitting her in the head from behind. She was then arrested for assault and transported to Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center. The victim inquired about getting a restraining order.

— Compiled by Amanda Coyne, Assistant News Editor