Crime Blotter for June 25-July 7

— Around 1 a.m. July 7, officers saw a car make an improper turn and followed it to a red light, where the front passenger opened the door and vomited.. The car drove on when the light turned green, but the passenger opened the door and vomited again. The officers stopped the car and asked the passenger if she needed medical attention, which she declined, but the officers called emergency medical technicians anyway. While waiting for them to arrive, officers saw a large, clear jar containing what appeared to be marijuana. They asked the passenger if the jar was hers and she said yes. She was cited for simple possession of marijuana after being medically cleared. The driver was cited for making an improper turn.

— Officers pulled over a car with expired license plate tags on the afternoon of July 5. When an officer spoke with the driver, he noticed an open beer can in the car’s cup holder and smelled marijuana in the car. The driver admitted to drinking it and said he had purchased it a few minutes before being pulled over. The officer asked if there was any marijuana in the car, and the driver said there was “a blunt in the front door.” The officer found the marijuana and arrested the driver for having an expired registration, open container and simple possession of marijuana.

— Trick of the Week: An officer saw a black Cadillac with only one working headlight late on the night of July 2. When the officer pulled the driver over, he noticed a small bag of marijuana in the driver’s purse. He ran her information and found that she had multiple prior offenses, including narcotics violations. He asked her to get out of the car, bring her purse with her and produce another form of identification. While looking through her purse, the officer again saw the bag of marijuana and arrested her for simple possession of marijuana.

— Amanda Coyne, Editor-in-Chief