Crime Blotter for Sept. 13 to Sept. 20

— An officer was patrolling the National Advocacy Center early Friday when he saw a man approaching the building’s loading dock. The man began to knock on the door and the officer asked why he was knocking. The man said he was there to see a friend inside the building. The officer asked him where he was and the man said he was at The Lofts. He was not. His speech was also slurred, and he was unsteady on his feet, so the officer asked him for his ID. The man complied and the officer discovered he was 19. The man said he had about four drinks at a bar in Five Points, but could not remember where. He was then arrested for possessing beer underage.

— An officer was dispatched to Horizon Garage late Sept. 16 in reference to two black men looking in a vehicle. While on his way to the garage, the officer was told the men had gotten into the vehicle and may have had a gun. The officer was then told the men had moved to Sumter and Wheat streets, and he found them at Wheat and Main streets. The officer approached the vehicle with his gun unholstered and got the men out of the car with assistance from other officers. The men were frisked and detained, and two cold cases of Bud Light were found in the car. One was missing six beers. Neither were of legal drinking age. They told the officers they were dropping a friend off at East Quad and that there was a BB gun in the trunk of the car. Officers said they saw the men throwing beer bottles from the top of the garage, and the bottles were later found at the bottom of the garage. The men were arrested for possessing beer underage.

— An officer was dispatched to Capstone House early Sept. 14 in reference to a drunk man in the lobby. When the officer arrived, the man was sitting on a couch with a bleeding leg. The man had glossy, bloodshot eyes and was slurring his speech. The officer found a fake Maryland driver’s license in the man’s back pocket and the man told the officer he was actually 19. He also told the officer he had “at least four or five beers at Breakers.” The man was then arrested for possessing alcohol underage and possessing a fake ID.

— Amanda Coyne, News Editor

Briefs don’t include every incident from the last week, and suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Information could change as investigations continue.