Crime Blotter for Sept. 18 to Sept. 25

— While looking for a man throwing mattresses in the road near Greene and Pickens streets Wednesday, an officer found a man matching the subject’s description sitting on the steps of Calcott shortly before 3 a.m. When the officer asked the man to show his ID, the officer saw another form of ID in the man’s wallet. That ID proved to be a fake Ohio ID. The man smelled of alcohol and he told the officer he had drank beer. The officer cited him for possessing alcohol underage and possessing a fake ID. The man was also given a student discipline citation. The man throwing mattresses was not found.

— An officer was dispatched to the Close Hipp Building in reference to a woman screaming late Sept. 23. A National Advocacy Center security guard said the screams came from the Close Hipp parking garage. Upon entering the garage, the officer saw five people and smelled marijuana. When he questioned the group, one handed over a “marijuana cigarette.” All five admitted to smoking marijuana before the officer arrived. All five were issued student discipline citations and the person who gave the officer the “marijuana cigarette” was cited for possessing marijuana. The screaming woman was not found.

— Shortly before 6 a.m. on Sept. 19, a “bait bike” was taken from Pickens Street. Officers tracked it to Pickens and Rice Street. When they located the bike, the man riding it was found to have an active trespass violation. The man repeatedly told police: “It’s just a bike and it’s not no real crime. They just gone give me a little time.” He was arrested for trespassing after notice and stealing a bicycle and transported to Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center.
— Amanda Coyne, News Editor

Briefs don’t include every incident from the last week, and suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Information could change as investigations continue.