Crime Blotter for Oct. 11 to Oct. 18

Crime Blotter for Oct. 11 to Oct. 18

— An officer was dispatched to the Chi Omega house around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday in response to an assault. A woman who lived in the house told the officer her roommate had begun “yelling at [her] and getting in [her] face.” The roommate had also thrown a trash can at the victim and slapped her across the face, leaving a “red mark” after the woman had moved her roommate’s trash in order to get her own trash. The woman captured most of the incident on her cell phone. She said she did not want to press charges, but wanted the incident documented.

— Three large composite photos went missing from two Greek Village houses between Oct. 13 and Oct. 16. The first composite was discovered missing from the Delta Zeta house on the afternoon of Oct. 13. The sorority’s house director told an officer that the composite from the 2008-2009 chapter had been taken some time that day. There was no damage to windows or doors noticed and it was the only item missing from the house. Later that week, two composite photos were reported missing from the Beta Theta Pi house. None have been found and the three value $12,000 together.

— An officer was dispatched to McBryde Quadrangle F around 8 p.m. Oct. 12 in reference to an assault. The victim and a witness said the victim had knocked on another resident’s door. The resident came out of his room, chased the victim down the hall and grabbed the back of his neck for approximately five minutes. The resident told the victim, “I don’t want to hurt you. Leave me alone.” The victim went to get food after the incident. When he returned, the resident came out of his room, pulled out a baton and chased the victim and the witness down the hall, saying “I scared them! This is my hall now!” The resident was not in his room when the officer arrived, but a resident mentor performed a health and safety check on his room and found a black baton that was taken into evidence.

— An officer was dispatched to Palmetto Health Baptist around 3:50 a.m. Oct. 13 in reference to an assault that had occurred in Columbia Hall. The victim said he had been hanging out in a room in the residence hall with eight others and at some point in a discussion referred to something as “f—-ing gay.” After saying that, he turned around and was punched in the face by another man three times before two people intervened. The victim, who had a bandaged eye, said he did not want to press charges.

Briefs don’t include every incident from the last week, and suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Information could change as investigations continue.