Ice storm 411: What's open, closed on campus Friday

<p>Crews cleared Carolina Stadium Thursday afternoon in anticipation of Saturday&#8217;s home opener.</p>
Crews cleared Carolina Stadium Thursday afternoon in anticipation of Saturday’s home opener.

What you need to know, before you go

For continuing coverage of the effects of the storm on USC’s campus, read our story.

Many updates to Friday’s schedule have not been announced, but so far, here’s what you need to know on campus:

Dining

The Grand Market Place in Russell House will be open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.

Bates Diner and Gibbes Court Bistro will be open from be open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Gamecock Park in Russell House will be open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.

Einstein Bros. Bagels will be open from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

All other dining locations on campus are closed.

Parking & Roads

USC has not announced any road or parking garage closures so far during the storm.

University spokesman Wes Hickman said in an email that drivers and pedestrians on campus should take note of and heed signs and caution tape in case parts of campus are closed.

Parking Services will leave the gates of the Senate Street Garage open during the storm so drivers with parking spots on the top levels of Pendleton Street Garage can park there.

Shuttles

Campus buses are not running Thursday, including the Five Points shuttle. Friday’s schedule hasn’t been announced.

Library

The Thomas Cooper Library will be closed until USC goes back to its regular schedule.

Russell House

The student union will be operating on its normal schedule Thursday, from 7 a.m. to midnight, but events scheduled in the Russell House will be rescheduled.

The mail center, Quick Copy, CarolinaCard office and bookstore will all follow USC’s schedule, so they are closed.

Friday’s schedule hasn’t been announced.

Athletics

USC’s baseball opening day will be pushed back to Saturday. The Gamecocks will play Bucknell in a doubleheader at Carolina Stadium starting at noon. The second game will be played at 4 p.m. Friday tickets will only be honored at the noon game, and tickets to the game originally planned for Saturday will be honored at 4 p.m.

Because of “travel complications,” the track and field team will not compete in the Tyson Invitational meet in Fayetteville, Ark., this weekend. They’ll return to competition at home on Feb. 22.

Intramurals

Intramural games schedule for Friday are canceled.

Gyms

The Strom Thurmond Wellness and Fitness Center will be open from 9 a.m. to midnight Thursday.

The Blatt P.E. Center will follow the university’s schedule, so it is closed.

Thomson Student Health Center

Medical clinics and the Counseling and Human Development Center will be open Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. In the event of an emergency, call 803-777-4215 or 911.

Greek meal plans

Students with Greek meal plans will follow the same schedule Thursday to pick up their meals.

Students living in the Greek Village will continue to eat meals in their chapter houses, but other students with Greek meal plans will need to go to the Russell House.

Lunch can be picked up at the Horseshoe Deli from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., and dinner will be available Thursday from 5 to 7 p.m. at Pandini’s.

Friday’s schedule hasn’t yet been announced.

Events

The Campus MovieFest finale will be held at 8 p.m. Friday in the Russell House Ballroom.

Consent is Sexy, which was rescheduled for Friday, has been postponed again. A new time has not been set.

The Career Center’s etiquette dinner will now be held on March 19. Students will need to re-register.