Crime Blotter for June 5 to June 17

4 — Theft from Building
4 — DUI
3 — Drug Violation
2 — Trespassing
2 — Drunkenness
2 — Assault
2 — Fake ID
1 — Larceny of Bicycle
1 — Vandalism
1 — Harassment
1 — Disorderly Conduct

USCPD responded to a physical altercation between two men who were supposed to be doing contract work at the Blatt PE center. When authorities arrived they discovered a father and son in a physical fight. The father (the contractor) employed his son who arrived to work under the influence of five Xanax and alcohol. His father told him that he was not fit to work; the son then proceeded to swing at and tackle his father. Authorities arrested the intoxicated and belligerent employee, cited him for disorderly conduct and contacted EMS.

USCPD pulled over a black Volkswagen for littering after the driver tossed his cigarette butt out of the window. When the officer asked the driver for his driver’s license, the driver pulled out his wallet in plain view of the officer, and skipped over his fake SCDL, to grab his actual driver’s license. The officer noticed, and asked him why he had two state issued IDs. The man told the officer it was a fake. He was then issued a citation for littering and possession of a fake ID.

USCPD working the Bruno Mars concert at the Colonial Life Arena were flagged down in reference to a woman in the men’s bathroom. The officers observed a man and a woman exit the bathroom together; the woman appeared distraught. The woman stated that she was upset because her husband touched another woman at the concert inappropriately. Authorities asked the woman about the relationship and she stated that they had a history of physical abuse. She then stated that the man had struck her multiple times during the concert. The man was arrested for assault and transported to Alvin S. Glenn Detention center.

— Compiled by Anthony DeCoro, Asst. News Editor

Briefs do not include every incident report. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty. Information is based off of police incident reports and is subject to change after further investigation.