Senate appoints three new members

3 senators sworn in, 3 vacancies remain

Three new senators were sworn in to the student Senate Wednesday, bringing the total to 47 senators, the highest number Student Government has seen this year.  

Newly-elected senators Brittany Draganosky and Robert Gilbert were appointed to positions with the College of Arts and Science, and Kelley Kennedy was appointed to the position with the Darla Moore School of Business.  

Kennedy was also appointed to the Student Services committee. 

The senate only has three vacant seats to fill before the Senate is at capacity. 

"I hope everyone is going to bring more ideas to the table," Student Body Vice President Donnie Iorio said. "The new people came in with some cool ideas ... Getting some people in with fresh perspective is pretty cool."

While thanking the office for their work, Iorio said that now he's excited about the new senators joining their new committees. 

"All of these committees have these huge projects that they are working on and we are getting to the point where we are seeing those get solidified, which is where we will see legislation. They're doing a lot in their committees and they're going to do more."

Along with appointing new senators, the Senate presented a resolution to the Office of Pre-Professional Advising,  thanking them for the work they do on campus. 

"It's great for this department and it's great for us because we do appreciate [them]," Iorio  said. "It's cool to give them a formal thank you."