They're here to stay: fashion trends of 2015

Fashion was fun in 2014. It was by no means bad. Delicate gold jewelry, peplum, crop tops, matching sets, normcore, boyfriend jeans: they all ruled the style scene this past year.

But another year has passed and the inevitable is bound to happen: some of our favorite moments will stay put in 2014 and some others will rise above the rest and continue their reign in 2015. There are some definite front-runners out there; listed below are the favorites to stay in 2015.

'70s influences
The spring and summer 2014 runways were teeming with '70s influences, with everything from houndstooth prints to wide-legged pants that made even those who hate pants swoon. This trend is sure to continue throughout 2015 because there's no one who doesn't love a good bohemian moment. Mixing and matching muted color palettes like mustard and maroon or adding knee-high socks is an instant way to play off of the '70s trend that had everyone swooning at Fashion Week.

Babydoll Dresses
Though the peplum dress was all the talk in 2014, 2015 will see the return of the babydoll. The babydoll dress pairs well with either heels or flats and can be dressed up or down. It's just as much a staple when studying for that first organic chemistry exam as it is when paired with heels and a clutch for a night downtown.

Print Mixing
Also parlaying into the '70s trend, mixing and matching prints is no longer off-limits in the style game. Pairing that floral blouse you've had for years with a skirt that's dotted with a tiny geometric print? Go for it. Risk-taking is the new normal in the fashion scene of today. Take a Carrie Bradshaw leap every once in while. It might look ridiculous, but it could end up being one of you're all-time favorite outfits. So keep mixing and matching your prints — find what works.

Silver and Gold
Dainty gold jewelry dominated the scene in 2014, but 2015 brings silver and sparkle to the table. It's a refreshing jump, and those who prefer silver over gold will jump for joy. Take note though: silver cannot be stacked heavily the way that gold can, and therefore, a bit more restraint should be shown when donning sparkling stones and platinum settings.