Crime Blotter: 1/24/16 - 1/30/16

Jan. 25 around 8 p.m., five juvenile suspects arrived to the CVS on Assembly Street in a silver Chevrolet. Two suspects entered the store and collected a pair of Phillips earbuds, a gallon of milk, a box of cereal and a variety of other food. The first suspect collected a 24-pack of Bud Light beer and joined the second suspect near the exit. As they left without paying for the merchandise, the second suspect grabbed a teddy bear from a nearby display. The merchandise was worth about $200.

Jan. 26 around 9:30 a.m., an officer noticed a vehicle that had been reported stolen shortly before from an address on Oak Street. The officer followed the vehicle and put on his blue lights. The suspect then fled from the vehicle while it was still moving and in drive. The suspect ran away on foot while the car continued towards the left side of the road, where it hit a parked car. The suspect was apprehended not far away on Oak Street.

Jan. 28 around 12:30 a.m., officers responded to a call from Bar None, 620 Harden Street, in connection with an assault. The victim had told a stranger nearby that two Hells Angels had assaulted him in the restroom by slamming his head against the toilet. The victim was heavily intoxicated and could not provide information to the police when they arrive. Although he denied medical treatment, EMS respondents insisted on transporting him to Palmetto Health Baptist hospital.