How to procrastinate: 4 shows to stream on Netflix right now

We’ve all been there — it's 10 p.m., you have an assignment due at midnight, but that statistics homework is just not that captivating. Here's where Netflix comes in. While binge-watching "Grey's Anatomy" for the third time is a little bit too consuming, here are four 30 minute shows to mindlessly enjoy when you know you should be doing something else. They are entertaining, easy to follow and the perfect distraction before you finally finish the work you’ve been avoiding.

Bob’s Burgers

You’re never too old for cartoons, particularly when that cartoon is "Bob’s Burgers". It’s absurd, witty and hilarious. The story revolves around a man, his wife and his three kids running a burger restaurant.This might seem dry, but the boundless possibilities of the cartoon world allow for the show to take on plots that would be impossible in other mediums. While the show is enthralling, it can also be a quick stress reliever that doesn’t draw you in.

Love

"Love" is a new Netflix produced show starring Gillian Jacobs of “Community” and Paul Rust of “Inglorious Basterds." It follows the two as they navigate their lonely lives together and, of course, search for love.While this is a cliché premise, the cast and their stellar performance of the characters makes a supremely funny yet heart-wrenching show. The 30 minute episodes are easy to consume, but the plot isn’t so gripping that you feel the urge to continue on to the next episode and ignore your responsibilities.

Portlandia

"Saturday Night Live" alumni Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein of "Carol" collaborate to create a sketch comedy show that revolves around the city of Portland. It has a number of recurring characters that appear every few episodes, and frequently features new characters invented by the two show runners. It explores the hipster-dom of the city and it’s various tropes, such as the obsessions over coffee, bicycling and indie music. Because there is no major overarching plot, the show is easy to watch with no pressure to click on the next episode.

The Office

If you have somehow never heard of it, "The Office" is an Emmy nominated show originally created by Ricky Gervais and manned by an eclectic ensemble cast including Steve Carrell, John Krasinski and Mindy Kaling. The show is driven by it’s hilarious characters and the situations they get into while working at an innocuous paper company in Scranton, Pennsylvania. The show will definitely have you begging for more, but it’s also an easy show to watch to decompress before a final.