Crime Blotter: 3/27/16 - 4/2/16

March 27, police responded to a woman's report of an assault by her ex-boyfriend, 35-year-old Corey Pough. The victim and Pough still live together even though they are no longer involved, and the victim said that Pough was upset because she had had a man in her bedroom. Pough came into the room, where she was standing, and pushed her down onto the bed before climbing over her and choking her from behind with both hands. After Pough released her, she sat up, and he kicked her and hit her in the head with a beer can. He then took her phone and left. The victim's two children heard the incident from another room.

March 28, police responded to a complaint of two men harassing a tow truck operator and preventing him from removing a vehicle. The two suspects, 20-year-old Hayden Dwyer and 19-year-old Parker Godfrey, were sitting in their car behind the tow truck and yelling obscenities at the operator. The responding officer noticed the smell of marijuana and saw some in the floorboard of the car. The officer also noticed a strong smell of alcohol and told them to get out of the car and that they were under arrest. Both suspects were searched and had fake driver's licenses, and several beers were found in the back of the car.

April 1, police responded to a report of domestic violence, which the victim says began as an argument about car insurance. The victim said that she was asleep when the suspect, 30-year-old Kelvin Watson, arrived to their home and immediately began arguing with her about the insurance. The argument became violent when the suspect tried to leave the room and Watson threw a shoe at her, threw her on the ground and began punching her in the back of the head. He continued to hit her as she tried to get out of the house, in front of their children and said that he would "hurt her real bad." According to Watson, he and the victim then fought over the car keys before the police were called.