In Brief: 7/20/16

FBI report delays Spring Valley court date

An extensive FBI report will delay the court appearance of one of the students involved in an incident at Spring Valley High School, The State reports. Niya Kenny, who is charged with disturbing schools in connection with an incident that raised questions about the role of resource officers, was set to appear Wednesday, but her court date will reportedly be pushed to Sept. 15. The FBI report on the incident is thought to be the reason for the delay as it is "thousands of pages," according to Kenny's attorney.

Three charged over Lee Correctional Facility murder

Three inmates are facing charges in connection with an incident at the Lee Correctional Facility that led to the death of one inmate, WIS reports. The three men have been charged with murder. The inmates are accused of stabbing the victim and another inmate who was severely injured in the altercation. They also face attempted murder charges in connection with the second injured inmate.

Mother arrested in drowning death of infant

A North Carolina woman was arrested after her baby was found dead in a pond at an outlet mall in the Myrtle Beach area, WLTX reports. The 24-year-old was charged with murder by Horry County Police. She was arrested when she crashed her car, just hours after her 6-week-old son drowned in a pond at the Tanger Outlet. The woman's family said she had been treated for depression and that the baby's father was abusive.