Jeff Duncan (R) I

Jeff Duncan (R) I

Background:

Businessman

Issues:

Supports lower taxes, supports deregulation, supports blocking federal funding for Planned Parenthood, supports offshore drilling, supports ACA repeal, supports allowing people to purchase insurance across state lines, supports the use the creation of health savings accounts, supports blocking any attempts to limit the 2nd amendment, supports blocking indefinite detention, supports blocking unwarranted wiretapping, supports blocking bulk surveillance, supports requiring institutions of higher education to publish information regarding student success, to provide for fiscal accountability, and to provide for school accountability for student loans, supports a permanent geologic repository for nuclear waste, supports the expansion of nuclear power, supports reform of the Dodd-Frank Act, supports the U.S. embassy move from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, supports travel restrictions to Cuba, supports building a wall on the border with Mexico, supports legislation that would block birthright citizenship to illegal immigrants, supports legislation that would close tax code provisions that allow illegal immigrants to claim tax credits for children living overseas, supports legislation that would prohibit the granting of amnesty to illegal aliens, supports legislation that would eliminate the visa lottery system, supports ending chain migration, supports making e-verify mandatory, supports criminalizing visa overstays, supports keeping Guantanamo Bay open as a detention facility, supports legislation that would deport anyone on the Terrorist Screening Database (TSDB) who isn’t a citizen or a permanent resident, pro-life, supports making abortion illegal after 20 weeks, supports a national 24-hour waiting period and mandatory ultrasounds before abortions, supports legislation that blocks laborers and mechanics from being paid the local prevailing wage of the area they work when working under federally-financed or federally-assisted contracts for construction, alteration, and repair of public buildings or public works, supports reforming the VA by allowing more veteran choice in providers and more community based health programs to be utilized, supports the modernization of medical records for Veterans