Williams-Brice Stadium to undergo renovations before 2020 football season

The board of trustees approved a $22.5 million project to renovate Williams-Brice Stadium last April with plans for completion by the 2020 football season.

The project consists of the addition of about 70 loge or private box suites, an increase in the number of restroom facilities and more handicap seats. 

"We are always trying to keep up with the interests of our fans, and we have seen interest in premium areas for our fans. Right now we have probably one of the lowest number of premium seat availabilities in the SEC, so this renovation will help us to meet the demand that we have for premium seating," said Charles Bloom, executive associate athletics director and chief communications officer for the University of South Carolina athletics department.

The Gamecock Club presents new options to upgrade game day experiences, including access to air-conditioned areas and a more fan-friendly concession traffic flow.

"I will definitely be more interested in going to the games because I'm very excited to see what the new stadium looks like, and I love watching college football," second-year finance student Catherine Corsini said.

Those with seats affected by the improvements have the option to stay in those seats without having to pay full price until 2022. If they want to relocate seats, they are offered a spot in an early seat selection process. 

One loge suite option is the East Side Loge Suites, located in the renovated east club level. The seat configurations come in four and eight seats.

The suites come with access to the full cash bar and upgraded concessions in a climate-controlled space, in addition to a personal TV monitor and the option to purchase designated parking on the east side of the stadium.

Another option, the 2001 Loge Suites, is located in the southwest corner of the stadium. The seat configurations come in four, five or six seats.

These suites will also include a private TV monitor, exclusive elevator access and access to all three levels of the 2001 Club, which features a cash bar and all-inclusive game day catering.

"My dad's a big football fan, so he'll really be excited to see the new stadium, so I think it will definitely impact him buying tickets," Corsini said.

If fans want to add amenities to their experience but keep their current seats, there is an option to enhance the experience with the 2001 Club Passes.

These club passes give access to the two-tiered indoor club space, which showcases up-close views of the team entrance in addition to an open-air terrace for club pass members.

The price per loge suite starts at $4,830 and $250 for each 2001 Club pass.

Bloom acknowledges the anticipation that many fans have been wondering when they will be able to see the new renovations.

"We got to have it ready for the first game," Bloom said.