Inspired by my roommate:
Who doesn't love tortilla chips? Amp up your daily chip intake with Southwestern flavor, grilled chicken and veggies of your choice. The best part about making a bowl for dinner is that you have the power to mix it up: Add some tomatillo if you like spicy, or put it on a bed of lettuce to keep it light. Whatever your ideal bowl is, we have a good place to start. This recipe is also great for larger groups to share and munch on when the portions are increased.
2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
2 chicken tenders
1/2 cup of cauliflower rice
Red, green and/or yellow peppers (cut into half-inch strips)
Taco seasoning, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder (amount based off your taste preference)
Salt and pepper (amount based off your taste preference)
1. Cut two chicken tenders into bite size pieces and season them with the the seasoning mentioned above.
2. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan on high heat. Once the oil sizzles, cook the chicken on medium heat, turning the chicken to each side until golden brown.
3. Then put a handful of peppers (Trader Joe's frozen peppers are easiest) in another pan with olive oil on high heat, along with the cauliflower rice. Turn and stir until the peppers begin to blister and the rice is heated.
4. Once the two pans have cooked, combine the dishes and top with lime juice and extra seasoning to your liking.
5. Serve in a dish with tortilla chips with optional toppings such as avocado, salsa, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, black beans or corn.